Mary's Little Office

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

10. & 11. Why Must you Believe Whatever God has Revealed?


St. Peter's Basilica, Rome - 1950

Index


10. Why must you believe whatever God has revealed? 

I must believe whatever God has revealed, because God is the very Truth and can neither deceive nor be deceived.
This, I think, you can easily understand' but a great difficulty will at once occur to you―viz.:

11. How are you to know what God has revealed?
 
I am to know what God has revealed by the testimony, teaching and authority of the Catholic Church.
But why the Catholic Church? Where does the Catholic Church get the authority and the power to teach me? Show me that clearly, and I will at once submit my mind to it, and believe whatever it teaches me. If it is the Church founded by Jesus Christ, I must of course believe all it says. 

This will be proved in lesson 84.


No comments:

Post a Comment