Mary's Little Office

Thursday, July 20, 2017

6. What do you mean when you say that your Soul is Immortal?


1963 - USA


6. What do you mean when you say that your soul is immortal!

When I say that my soul is immortal, I mean that my soul can never die.

7. Of which must you take most care, of your body or your soul?
I must take most care of my soul; for Christ has said, "What doth it profit a man if he gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?" (Matt. xvi. 26).
When we die our bodies are in a short time placed in a coffin and buried deep in the earth; but what has become of the soul? It has appeared before God, and has been judged by Him according to the life it led upon earth. Then, at least, shall we understand why God has made us. It will not matter much to us then what has become of our body, but it will matter to us what becomes of our soul. If I were to say to you, Do you want to save your soul? do you really want to make it safe for the next world? of course you would say "Yes"; but perhaps your difficulty may be that you do not know how to go about it. That is why the Catechism next asks - What must you do to save your soul? (Tomorrow's Lesson. 😇😇)

No comments:

Post a Comment